NFN - NORDIC FRINGE NETWORK
1 network / 6 countries / 8 unique festivals
The Nordic Fringe Network (NFN) is a collaboration of several Fringe festivals in the Nordic countries. The network includes Fringe festivals in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden.
The network offers artists the chance to tour their shows between the Nordic countries, through one joined open call. It also offers Fringe organizers a chance to exchange ideas and learn from one another through regular meet-ups.
Nordic Fringe organizers try their best to attend each other’s festivals, and act as jury members during their stay. This also means that artists get a great opportunity to network with foreign festival organizers and industry professionals at each festival.
NFN also serves as a support system for other organizations wanting to establish Fringe festivals in their regions.
Working together creates a stronger and bigger Fringe movement in the Nordic region. The festivals aim to elevate the local through the global to offer audiences unique experiences outside the traditional, to push boundaries and promote artistic innovation bravery.
Nordic Fringe Festivals in 2020
1. CPH STAGE, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 28-June 6 (cphstage.dk) ONLINE
2. Reykjavik Fringe, Iceland, July 4-12 (rvkfringe.is) MOSTLY ONLINE
3. Lahti Fringe Festival, Finland, September 2-5 (lahtifringe.fi)
4. Gothenburg Fringe Festival, Sweden, September 2-7 (gothenburgfringefestival.com)
5. Bergen Fringe Festival, Norway, September 10-13 (norwayfringe.com)
6. Stockholm Fringe Festival (STOFF), Sweden, September 15-19 (stockholmfringe.com)
7. FINFRINGE, Finland, November 19 - 21
8. Zagare Fringe, Lithuania, RETURNS 2021 (zagarefringe.com)
NORDIC FRINGE SEASON
The pilot episode of the Nordic Fringe Season was held at Brighton Fringe Festival 2019. 12 Acts of the best fringe acts from across the Nordics showcased their work at iconic Brighton venue The Old Market.
The project was curated by the Finnish Institute in London and the Nordic Fringe Network, with support from the Nordics and all the Nordic Embassies in London.